Content of Part-Time Master of Marketing & Customer Management (MMCM)
Theme 1 – The customer-oriented organization
Module 1: The customer leader’s marketing canvas
- Marketing fundamentals
- The marketing model
Module 2: Putting customers at the center of your organization
- Customer insight
- Digital marketing intelligence
- Customer orientation
Theme 2 – Creating added value
Module 3: Creating long-term market relevance
- The importance and successful application of market strategies
- Understanding the business and insight into market developments
- Development of new business models and value propositions
- Designing market strategies
- Business games to simulate and refine the effects of market strategy designs
Module 4: The importance and successful application of pricing strategies
- Designing pricing strategies
- Business games to simulate and refine the effects of pricing strategy designs
Theme 3 – Brand strategy and experience marketing
Module 5: The power of the customer experience
- Experience marketing
- Product versus services marketing
- Experiencing the experience: company visit with practice-based group assignment
Module 6: Building a strong brand
- Branding: the role of the brand and brand value
- Brand strategy and the brand management process
- Branding in the digital age
- Marketing automation & content marketing: company visit with practice-based group assignment
Theme 4 – Digital is the new normal
Module 7: Optichannel management
- Customer attraction and retention in the digital age and the future of sales
- E-commerce: defining a winning distribution or channel strategy
Module 8: Digital transformation
- Impact of digital developments and novel technologies on consumer behavior, the business of your organization (new business models), and innovation, distribution and communication strategies
- The future of marketing: study trip that includes practical insights on the role of search engine marketing and the principles of viral and dialogue marketing.
Theme 5 – Building a sustainable business
Module 9: Marketing finance
- Marketing performance and fact-based marketing
- Generating insight into value creation (value based management)
Module 10: Marketing leadership
- You as the brand’s leader: peer supervision
- Marketing and leadership:
- Improving your organization’s innovative capacity
- Implementing an optimal customer experience throughout the customer journey
- Company visit with practice-based group assignment
The five themes are spread out over a ten-month period. Every theme is made up of two modules that take one month each. Each module requires four weeks of preparatory work by means of the online campus. This is followed by three consecutive days of interactive meetings and lectures. Additionally, you complete the two units Business Research Methods I + II.
You conclude the part-time MMCM Master’s program with a Master’s thesis concerning a relevant, current issue within your organization. The course load for this part-time MMCM Master’s program is 12-15 hours a week excluding lecture days.
Studying at TIAS means flexibility. For instance, you can take the full master program, or just individual blocks. The program starts five times a year, and you can extend your studies over a longer period if needed.
- Combines easily with your work
- Take individual modules or the whole Master program.
- Start when you want to: choose between different starting points every year.
- If necessary, you can opt to take longer to finish your degree.
Advisory interview with the Program Adviser
Are you ready to take your career to the next level, and do you want more information? Would you like to speak with an alumnus of the part-time MMCM Master’s program first? Or are you looking for advice about financing options? Please don’t hesitate to contact the Program Adviser with any questions regarding the part-time Executive Master of Marketing & Customer Management.
Request an advisory interview
International Master’s degree (MSc)
On successful completion of the Master’s program, you may choose between the prestigious Master in Marketing & Customer Management (MMCM) title and the internationally recognized academic title of Master of Science (MSc). The degree is accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).