Rewatch Lean Webinar by Rudy Gort
October 6, 2016 | 1 min read
Have your organization reach more with less by using the Lean method. This method has been developed by Toyota cars in the 20th century. Rudy Gort is the Dutch Lean guru. He wrote a book and gives lectures about Lean.
Click here to view the webinar
Lean taps directly into the creativity of the employees of a given organization. Refraining from using this creativity is an enormous waste of potential, so says its philosophy.
These days, the way most organizations work stems directly from the Industrial Revolution. ‘During those days, the processes of thinking and acting were separated from each other within an organization. Certain departments thought about how people on the floor should act. Lean turns this around by incorporating the knowledge and creativity of the workplace within the rest of the organization. As a result, the entire organization benefits,’ explains Rudy Gort.
Lean consists of five elements, the so-called lean-house:
- Purpose (soil): gives legitimacy and includes your values. Together they provide unity.
- Roof: customers are the raison d'être of an organization.
- Value Stream (foundation): This is the stabilizing part of an organization. Where do we stand and where do we want to go? Are all employees aware of our goals
- Pillars: quality and just in time.
- People: the core of your organization.