As a leader in the education sector you increasingly cooperate with organizations from inside and outside the public domain. This demands considerable management and leadership capability. The Executive Master of Management in Education (MME), an academic master’s program for leadership and management in education, gives you insight into developments in this field.
You will develop an acute understanding of the sensitivities faced on a daily basis as an educations manager. After completing the program, you will be capable of discerning change. Instead of only reacting, you will successfully be able to manage the changes. Throughout, you will define your own personal leadership.
Upon completion you will be fully able to:
- recognize how to influence the relationship between education, government, market and society
- turn current academic thinking and insight into practice
- develop a multi-angular overview of your work and organization
- work openly and critically with business leaders form different sectors
End Result: Master’s title
When you have successfully completed the program you may adopt the master title MME, or the internationally recognized MSc title, after your name. This program is accredited by the NVAO (Dutch Flemish Accreditation Organization).
Program participants are policy- and decision-making functionaries involved in management of complex educational facilities or educational service providers. They come from across the education sector: secondary education, primary education and the vocational education (BVE) branch. This mix guarantees stimulating discussion with colleagues. It also grants access to new and valuable networks.
Modules and themes
Your master program kicks off with the Preparation module. This module is designed to prepare you for the different assignments and papers that you will have to complete during the program.
The Executive Master of Management in Education (MME) is built up around 3 themes: Positioning, Organization and Responsibility and leadership. Within these themes you will follow a number of insightful and knowledge enhancing modules.
1) Theme: Positioning
Marketing & services
2) Theme: Organization
Shaping an organization
People in Organizations
3) Theme: Responsibility and leadership
Governance, finance & control
Each MME theme consists of 3 steps:
- Exploration: you formulate your own cases and hone these
- Intensification: modules will develop your knowledge and insight and based on current academic theories and concepts one, or more subjects will be examined in closer detail
- Translation: you will translate these new insights into practice within your organization