Prof.dr. Theo Camps
Expert areas: Accounting & Control (Management ), Business & Society (Civil Society, Corporate Governance, Strategic Corporate Governance), Context (Politics), Family Business (Change Management, Consulting, Transition Management), Health & Education (Health Care Management, Strategy), Management & Organisation (Change Management, Corporate Governance, Decision Making, Executive and Leadership Coaching, Leadership, Public Administration, Public Policy), Strategy & Innovation (Corporate Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Strategic Corporate Governance, Strategy and Leadership)
Prof.dr. Theo Camps studied Public Administration at Radboud University (previously Nijmegen University). In 1995, he earned his PhD at Twente University with his thesis entitled 'Het besloten concilie der deskundigen' (The Closed Council of Experts). Theo Camps is Chairman of the Board of Berenschot Groep B.V. He primarily provides consulting services related to strategic issues, organizational development and organisational change, for profit as well as non-profit organisations. Furthermore, he is a professor of Organizational Science & Public Administration and Vanderkruijs Professor of Leadership at TIAS School for Business and Society of Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology. In recent years he was primarily involved in reforms in health care and financial services.
Theo Camps is non-executive chairman of a number of organizations, including Afvalverwerking Regio Nijmegen B.V. (a waste and energy company in the Nijmegen Region), KRO-NCRV (public broadcasting), Rabobank Rijk van Nijmegen (financial services). In 2014-2015 he co-chaired the steering group that transformed the cooperative governance of Rabobank.
The Berenschot Groep B.V. is the number 1 consultancy in the Netherlands (chosen by clients http://nieuws.berenschot.nl/mt100).
- Camps, Th. (2011). Dansende leiders op de punt van een naald. Utrecht: Vanderkruijs.
- Theo Camps, Janka Stoker and Bert Jurgens, ‘Managers zijn struisvogels’ (‘Managers and Ostrich Policies’), Reed Business, May 2008.
- Camps, Th. W. A., P. Dekkers, B. Jurgens and M. van Vilsteren (2011) Passend Leiderschap, elke school de beste baas [Appropriate Leadership, the best head for every school]. Utrecht, Berenschot.
- Theo Camps, Rosanne Stotijn, Bram Brouwer, Ruud Berndsen, Derck Buitendijk, Jan Jaap Blüm and Jos van Oostrum, ‘Grond voor samenwerking’ (‘Ground for Cooperation’), Adr. Heinen Uitgevers, May 2008.
- Camps, Th.W.A., de Wolf, W., & van den Berg, G. (2011). Geslaagd. 10 lessen in innovatie. Utrecht: Berenschot.