Prof.dr. Arco van de Ven RA
Expert areas: Accounting & Control (Accounting Information Systems, Internal Control, Management ), Business & Society (Corporate Governance, Strategic Corporate Governance), Context (Economics, Sociology, Technology), Finance (Corporate Governance, Financial Management, Risk Management), Health & Education (Business Processes), Information Technology (IT Governance), Management & Organisation (Business Administration, Change Management, Information Management, Risk Management)
Dr. Arco van de Ven is Professor Internal Control, Accounting Information Systems at TIAS, the business school of Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology. He obtained his PhD at Erasmus University Rotterdam where he has also been program director of the postgraduate Executive Master of Finance & Control and the postgraduate Master Certified Public Controlling (CPC). He has also taught various post-experience programs at Rotterdam School of Management and Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School. Professor Van de Ven has performed many (interim) functions as CFO, controller and consultant. One such role was CFO in the founding stage of a mortgage bank for Lehman Brothers in The Netherlands, ELQ-mortgages; CFO of the food wholesale P. Karsten Holding b.v. and various assignments in non-profit organizations. Arco is vice-president of the supervisory board of the housing association Trivire and chairman of the supervisory board of Supermarktfonds.nl. He has been member of accreditation committees of bachelor and master studies for NVAO and Quanu. Arco is also a member of the disciplinary council of the VRC (Dutch Association of Certified Controllers) and was a member of the Exam Committee of TIAS.
- Wilms,I.R.J., van de Ven, A.C.N. (2016). Soft controls die het verschil maken, Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie, september 2016, pp. 124-136.
- Van de Ven, A.C.N. (2014). Controller en business partner, Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie, maart 2014, 84-91.
- De Waal, A., Herkens-Jansen, M. & van de Ven, A.C.N. (2011). The Evolutionary Adoption Framework: explaining the budgeting paradox, Journal of Organizational and Accounting Change, Vol. 7. No. 4, 316-336.
- Van de Ven, A.C.N. (2015) Internal control and risk management. In R. Russo (red.), Tax Assurance(pp.5-22). Deventer: Wolters Kluwer.
- Van de Ven, A.C.N. (2012). De Controller en Sociale Media, een goede combinatie, Tijdschrift Controlling, januari/februari: 12-15.