Dr. Robert Bood
Expert areas: Business & Society (Strategic Corporate Governance), Family Business (Consulting, Social Entrepreneurship, Strategic Planning, Strategy and Innovation), Health & Education (Innovation, Strategy), Management & Organisation (Business Intelligence, Corporate Governance, Decision Making, Innovation Management, Organisational Learning, Risk Management, Strategic Management), Strategy & Innovation (Business Level Strategy, Business Strategy)
Robert Bood is managing partner of FairSights and combines transformative strategy making with future mapping, scenario thinking and business innovation. He works closely with his clients to explore and anticipate the future, develop robust and distinctive strategies, and create radical new business models. Having learned the practice of scenario thinking from the pioneers in the field during his time at Global Business Network, Robert has gained extensive experience over the past 25 years working with companies, financial institutions, governments and NGOs in more than 45 countries across the world. He is also a registered business mediator specialising in business and board conflicts. Robert shares his expertise and insights on scenario thinking, transformative strategy making, business innovation and purpose governance in master and executive education programmes at TIAS School for Business and Society, Tilburg University, the Netherlands and the Iclif Executive Education Center of Asia School of Business, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Bood, R.P., Van Ees, H., & Postma, T.J.B.M. (2022). The role of the board in corporate purpose and strategy. Cambridge Elements Series, Cambridge University Press.
- Bood, R.P., Van Ees, H., & Postma, T.J.B.M. (2019). De rol van interne toezicht bij strategische verandering en zekerheid. In M. Lückerath-Rovers, H. van Ees, M. Kaptein, & I. Wuisman (Eds.), Jaarboek corporate governance 2019/2020 (pp. 105-117). Wolters Kluwer.
- Van Ees, H., Bood, R.P. & Postma, T.J.B.M. (2019), The strategy role of the board revisited. Paper presented at the European Academy of Management Conference, Lisbon.
- Bood, R.P., & Postma, T.J.B.M. (2018). Beheersen van externe risico’s. Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie, 92(5/6), 177-186.
- Postma, T.J.B.M., & Bood, R.P. (2015). Behavioral governance: The role of scenario thinking in dealing with strategic uncertainty. In T.K. Das, ed., The Practice of Behavioral Strategy. Charlotte: Information Age Publishing, pp. 41-75.