Mw.prof.dr. Mijntje Lückerath
Expert areas: Business & Society (Corporate Governance), Finance (Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, Financial Services), Management & Organisation (Business Ethics, Corporate Governance)
Prof. dr. Mijntje Lückerath is professor in Corporate Governance at TIAS Tilburg University. Her research focuses on the role of the board of directors, corporate governance, especially with respect to boardroom dynamics (including independency, board evaluations, transparency and board diversity). She is the author of the annual Dutch Female Board Index, co-author of the annual Dutch Non-executive Directors survey and of a Code of Conduct for Non-executive directors. She is (chief-)editor of the Yearbook Corporate Governance (Kluwer) and of a Dutch journal on Good Governance (‘Tijdschrift Goed Bestuur’). She is also a member of the Supervisory Boards of Achmea (no.1 Dutch insurer) and of the investment- and greenfund(s) of the sustainable ASN Bank.
Mijntje Lückerath graduated in 1994 with a masters degree in Financial Business Economics from the Erasmus University Rotterdam. Afterwards she worked until 2001 at Rabobank International in various financial positions, lastly as Vice-President Project Finance. From 2001 till 2012 she worked at the Erasmus University as Associate Professor Financial Markets and Supervision. From 2010 till 2013 she was professor of Corporate Governance at Nyenrode Business University. Her PhD-thesis concerned the decisions usefulness of the (operating) lease accounting standard.
- Lückerath-Rovers, M., & Bos, A. de. (2011). Code of conduct for non-executive directors and supervisors. Journal of Business Ethics, 100(3), 465-481.
- Lückerath-Rovers, M. (2013), Women on Boards and Company Performance, Journal of Management and Governance, vol. 17, nr.2, p.491-509
- Lückerath-Rovers, M., M. Scheltema en A. de Bos (2010), Het RvC-verslag: weinig inzicht in toezicht, Maandblad voor Accountancy en Bedrijfseconomie, November 2010.
- Lückerath-Rovers, M. (2011). Mores Leren : Soft Controls in Corporate Governance. Breukelen: Nyenrode Business Universiteit. Also available at Harvard
- Lückerath-Rovers, M., & Paans, S. (2011, april). De haalbaarheid van het quota wetsvoorstel. Ondernemingsrecht, 4, 160-164.