Prof.dr. Peter van der Voort
Professor Health Care
Expert areas: Health & Education (Health Care Management, Innovation, Strategy), Management & Organisation (Quality Management), Quantitative Methods (Business Research Methods)
Peter van der Voort is Academic Director of the Executive Master Health Administration (MHA) and professor Health Care at TIAS since 2013. He is educated as a physician at VU medical center and as internist-intensivist at AMC and OLVG. He has a master degree on epidemiology since 2006. He is professor Intensive Care Medicine at the University of Groningen and head of the department of intensive care medicine for adults at the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) since 2019. Peter van der Voort previously led the intensive care unit of the Medical Center Leeuwarden and OLVG hospital where he was head of the intensive care medicine trainees and teachers for 10 years. From these experiences he has widespread skills in working and managing the intramural curative care. He was director of Stichting Venticare and was involved in the development of telemedicine. He participated in and led many committees concerning quality of care and organization of care. From his work as an intensivist and his broad vision on health care, Peter van der Voort has gained the conviction that organization, management and leadership are equally important for the quality of care as the direct medical care at the bedside. He is also senator for the democratic party D66 responsible for healthcare issues which gives him the opportunity to gain for a common policy on patient level, organization level and national political level to strive for improvements in care delivery and management of health care. From this vision he supports and teaches participants of the MHA and he performs research within TIAS Health cluster.
- Writing Committee for the PRoVENT–COVID* Collaborative Group PRactice of VENTilation in COVID–19 study.
Ventilation Management and Clinical Outcome in Invasively Ventilated COVID–19 Patients (PRoVENT–COVID) – a national, multicentre, observational cohort study. Lancet Resp Med 2020
- Peter HJ van der Voort, Jill Moser, Durk F Zandstra, Anneke C Muller Kobold, Marjolein Knoester, Cornelis F. Calkhoven, Inge Hamming, Matijs van Meurs, MD. Leptin levels in SARS-CoV-2 infection related respiratory failure: A cross-sectional study and a pathophysiological framework on the role of fat tissue. Heliyon 2020; 6, E04696. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2020.e04696
Martin C. J. Kneybe, Bernadette Engels, Peter H. J. van der Voort. Paediatric and adult critical care medicine: joining forces against Covid-19. Crit Care 2020;24:350. doi.org/10.1186/s13054-020-03074-3
- Roggeveen LF, Guo T, Driessen RH, Fleuren L, Thoral P, van der Voort PHJ, Girbes A, Bosman RJ, Elbers PWG. Right Dose, Right Now: Development of AutoKinetics for Real Time Model Informed Precision Antibiotic Dosing Decision Support at the Bedside of Critically Ill Patients. Frontiers in Pharmacology; May 2020; DOI: 10.3389/fphar.2020.00646
- Grim CCA, Helmerhorst JF, Schultz MJ, Winters T, van der Voort PHJ, van Westerloo DJ, de Jonge E. Changes in attitudes and actual practice of oxygen therapy in ICUs after implementation of a conservative oxygenation guideline. Resp Care 2020;march; 10.4187/respcare.07527
- Arno R. Bourgonje, Amaal Eman Abdulle2, Wim Timens, Jan-Luuk Hillebrands, Gerjan J. Navis, Sanne J. Gordijn, Marieke C. Bolling, Gerard Dijkstra, Adriaan A. Voors, Albert D. M. E. Osterhaus, Peter H. J. van der Voort, Douwe J. Mulder and Harry van Goor. Angiotensinconverting enzyme-2 (ACE2), SARS-CoV-2 and pathophysiology of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID19). J Path 2020; https://doi.org/10.1002/path.5471
Kreeftenberg H, Aarts JT, Bindels A, van der Meer BJM, van der Voort PHJ. Procedures Performed by Advanced Practice Providers Compared With Medical Residents in the ICU: A Prospective Observational Study. Critical Care Explorations;2(4):e0101. DOI: 10.1097/CCE.0000000000000101
PHJ van der Voort, EF Keus. Is profylaxe van stressulcera bij IC-patiënten zinvol? Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2020;164:D4827
- PHJ van der Voort, AA de Beer, I van Stijn, BJM van der Meer. Network governance of Dutch intensive care units: state of affairs after implementation of the Quality Standard. Neth J Crit Care 2020;28:88-92.
- PHJ van der Voort, AA de Beer, I van Stijn, BJM van der Meer. Trust in Dutch intensive care networks: the results of a survey. Neth J Crit Care 2020;28:93-97.
- IE Ghijselings, ICM Hoogland, MC Brouwer, PHJ van der Voort, J Horn. The broad diagnosis of encephalitis: a case report. Neth J Crit Care 2020;28:103-106.
- Roggeveen LF, Fleuren L, Guo T, Thoral P, de Grooth HJ, Swart EL, Klausch TLT, van der Voort PHJ, Girbes A, Bosman RJ, Elbers PWG. Right Dose Right Now: bedside data-driven personalized antibiotic dosing in severe sepsis and septic shock — rationale and design of a multicenter randomized controlled superiority trial. Trials 2019;20: DOI: 10.1186/s13063-019-3911-5
- Lucas M Fleuren, Luca F Roggeveen, Tingjie Guo, Petr Waldauf, Peter HJ van der Voort, Rob J Bosman, Eleonora L Swart, Armand RJ Girbes, Paul WG Elbers. Clinically relevant pharmacokinetic knowledge on antibiotic dosing among intensive care professionals is insufficient: a cross sectional study. Crit Care 2019;23:185
- Rood PJT, Zegers M, Slooter AC, Beishuizen A, Simons KS, van der Voort PHJ, van der Woude MCE, Spronk PE, van der Hoeven JG, Pickkers P, van den Boogaard M. Prophylactic Haloperidol effects on long-term quality of life in critically ill patients at high risk for delirium: results of the REDUCE study. Anesthesiology 2019;131:328-35.
- Sophie Buitinck, Rogier Jansen, Saskia Rijkenberg, Jos P.J. Wester, Rob J Bosman, Nardo JM van der Meer, Peter HJ van der Voort. The ecological effects of Selective Decontamination of the Digestive tract (SDD) on antimicrobial resistance: a 21-year longitudinal single centre study. Crit Care 2019;23:208