Prof.dr.ir. Marcel van Assen
Expert areas: Management & Organisation (Change Management, Implementation of Change and Transition Processes, Innovation Management, Leadership, Operations Management, Performance Management, Quality Management, Service Management), Operations (Logistics Management, Operational Excellence), Strategy & Innovation (Process Innovation)
Prof. dr. ir. Marcel van Assen is a professor of Operational Excellence. He is also a partner / consultant at OpX-Consultants where he focuses on issues of Operations- and innovation management and Lean and Agile management in both industrial and service organizations. Marcel van Assen is also the founder / trainer OpX-Institute. The OpX-Institute helps participants de develop understanding and skills in the field of Operational Excellence, allowing them to organize for the operational excellent organization (in the broadest sense).
- Van Assen, M.F., (2014). Handboek Lean Management, Academic Service, Den Haag.
- Van Assen, M.F., (2013). Operational Excellence. Van Industrie tot dienstverlening., Academic Service, Den Haag.
- Van Assen, M.F., Ploos van Amstel, W., & de Vaan, M. (2010). Praktijkboek Supply Chain Management. Aanpak, concepten en modellen voor Operational Excellence in de keten. Deventer: the Netherlands: Kluwer. In Dutch [Practice of Supply Chain Management. Approach, concepts and models for operational excellence in the supply chain].
- Van Assen, M.F., van den Berg, G.J.J.B., & Pietersma, P. (2009). Key Management Models. The 60+ models every manager needs to know (2nd). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson Education Publishers / FT Prentice Hall. (also available in Dutch, Italian, French, Portugese, Russian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese and Indonesian)
- Van Assen, M.F., van den Berg, G.J.J.B. & Wobben, J.J. (2008). De ambidextere organisatie: optimaliseren en innoveren. Holland Management Review, 119: 61-70. In Dutch [The ambidextrous organization: optimization and innovation].