Prof.dr.ir. Marcel van Assen
Expert areas: Management & Organisation (Change Management, Implementation of Change and Transition Processes, Innovation Management, Leadership, Operations Management, Performance Management, Quality Management, Service Management), Operations (Logistics Management, Operational Excellence), Strategy & Innovation (Process Innovation)
Prof.dr.ir. Marcel van Assen is a Professor of Operational Excellence. He teaches (service) operations management / operational excellence in several MSc programs such as the Executive Master of Management & Organisation (MMO), the Executive Master of Operations &Supply Chain Excellence (MOS) and in the Executive Master of Finance & Control / Register Controller. In addition, he runs several master classes on Operational Excellence. The research of prof. Van Assen focuses on infrastructure, culture and leadership in operationally excellent organizations. He’s particularly interested in issues such as continuous improvement infrastructure, dynamic capability, operational ambidexterity and lean leadership. As a partner / managing consultant at OpX-Consultants BV he conducted over 100 consultancy projects on issues of strategy implementation, operations& innovation management and ambidexterity in both industrial and service organizations.
- Van Assen, M.F., (2014). Handboek Lean Management, Academic Service, Den Haag.
- Van Assen, M.F., (2013). Operational Excellence. Van Industrie tot dienstverlening., Academic Service, Den Haag.
- Van Assen, M.F., Ploos van Amstel, W., & de Vaan, M. (2010). Praktijkboek Supply Chain Management. Aanpak, concepten en modellen voor Operational Excellence in de keten. Deventer: the Netherlands: Kluwer. In Dutch [Practice of Supply Chain Management. Approach, concepts and models for operational excellence in the supply chain].
- Van Assen, M.F., van den Berg, G.J.J.B., & Pietersma, P. (2009). Key Management Models. The 60+ models every manager needs to know (2nd). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson Education Publishers / FT Prentice Hall. (also available in Dutch, Italian, French, Portugese, Russian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese and Indonesian)
- Van Assen, M.F., van den Berg, G.J.J.B. & Wobben, J.J. (2008). De ambidextere organisatie: optimaliseren en innoveren. Holland Management Review, 119: 61-70. In Dutch [The ambidextrous organization: optimization and innovation].