Registration at TIAS Connect.
This workshop is free of charge for alumni with a membership package. Alumni without a membership package can participate for the price of € 395,00 (limited number of places available).
Whatever your experience of blogging or current level of achievement on social media, this workshop offers you the opportunity to take your skills to the next level.
It will do this in 5 ways:
• by starting with understanding the target audience and purpose of the post;
• by looking at case studies of blogs and social media posts which work and some which don’t, including pre-submitted previous posts of the participants;
• by examining the format and publishing options along with technical requirements, including the use of stills/video/audio;
• by looking at writing styles;
• by giving each participant the opportunity to prepare a short blog or series of social media posts and critique with the group.
In addition, alumni will have an opportunity to add to the day’s agenda, ensuring that the workshop answers as many of their questions and concerns as possible.
We will ask all participants to submit examples of their writing that they are happy to have critiqued and to rework in the workshop.
Jonathan Chapman will be leading this workshop. As a journalist, Jonathan has worked in the media for the whole of his career starting as a newspaper and agency reporter and then going on to work for the British Broadcasting Corporation for nearly thirty years, mainly in international news. As well as working out of London and Washington, he and his family have been based in Brussels and Nairobi. He is now moving into a communications role with a global NGO.
Jonathan has a broad fascination with media issues and is excited by opportunities to help those working in other sectors about how they should engage with all forms of media for their own personal and professional reasons. He has experience in running courses in business schools, private business and the voluntary sector.
08:30-09:00: Welcome with coffee/tea
09:00-16:30: workshop (including lunch)
16:30-17:30: Networking and drinks