Registration at TIAS Connect. This workshop is free of charge for alumni with a membership package. Alumni without a membership package can participate for the price of € 395,00 (limited number of places available).
Timothy Gallwey (The Inner game of tennis) defined coaching as “ unlocking a person’s potential to maximise their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
With a coaching style of management and leadership comes an automatic empowering of the individual, effective delegation and consequently increased motivation. And with a generation emerging into the workplace, which expects a high degree of autonomy, choice and control, the need for ‘coaching managers’ has never been greater.
In this workshop we will look at the skills and behaviours of the ‘coaching manager’ – and identify what you can develop to expand your management repertoire.
You will cover:
• Three coaching models: GROW; Offman’s Core Quality; Tennis court
• Two fundamental skills: listening and questioning
• The definitions of mentoring, coaching, counselling
The session will be practical and interactive during which you will:
• Practise and develop new skills
• Work in trios to coach, be coached and observe
• Receive feedback on your coaching skills
By the end of the session you will:
• Have a framework to use in coaching dialogues, recognise when and how to develop a coaching style of management and take away a personal coaching ‘toolkit’
Philippa Chapman will be leading this session. Having focussed on language and communication for all of her professional life, Philippa will use her expertise and intuitive teaching to ensure that each student will take away their own personal developmental step.
08:30-09:00: Welcome with coffee/tea
09:00-16:30: workshop (including lunch)
16:30-17:30: Networking and drinks