Prof.dr. Hans Groeneveld
Expert areas: Business & Society (Corporate Governance), Context (Economics), Family Business (Strategic Planning), Finance (Banking, Financial Intermediation, Monetary Economics), Quantitative Methods (Economics), Strategy & Innovation (Corporate Strategy)
Prof. dr. Hans Groeneveld is Professor of Cooperative Financial Services. He studied quantitative macroeconomics at the Erasmus University Rotterdam and a PhD in the monetary economy at the University of Maastricht. His professional career began at the CPB in the department Labour and Social Security. He then worked for over ten years at De Nederlandsche Bank in the monetary respectively supervision directorate. Currently he is also Associate Director Cooperative & Control at Rabobank. There he is involved in strategic and organizational projects. He represents Rabobank in many networks in the national and international cooperative world. Previously, he held various senior and management positions at Rabobank. He was Senior Consultant Corporate Strategy, Dep. Chief Economist, Head of SME Sector Management and Director of International Services.
Prof. dr. Groeneveld is a board member of the International Raiffeisen Union in Germany, president of the think tank of the European Cooperative Banks in Brussels, member of the Scientific Committee of the European Research Institute on Cooperative and Social Enterprises in Italy, and the Co-operative Business Education Consortium in Canada. He has published extensively on monetary policy, banking, cooperative banks and strategic and organizational issues in academic and policy journals.
- Boonstra, W., H. Groeneveld en E. Versteegh (red.) (2014), Nieuw Vertrouwen na de Crisis, VU University Press, Amsterdam.
- Groeneveld, J.M. (2014), ‘A qualitative and statistical analysis of European cooperative banking groups’, in ‘Alternative Banking and Financial Crises’ edited by O. Butzbach and K. von Mettenheim, Pickering & Chatto Publishers, pp. 71-100.
- Groeneveld, J.M. (2014), ‘Europese coöperatieve banken en de reële economie: een innige relatie?’, in ‘Nieuw Vertrouwen na de Crisis’, W. Boonstra, H. Groeneveld en E. Versteegh (red), VU University Press, Amsterdam, blz. 155-168.
- Groeneveld, J.M. (2014), ‘Features, facts and figures of European cooperative banking groups over recent business cycles’, Journal of Entrepreneurial and Organizational Diversity, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 11-33.
- Groeneveld, J.M. (2015), ‘Member-Based Enterprises: The Spotlight on Financial Services Co-operatives’, Inaugural publication, TIAS School for Business and Society, Tilburg University, 13 February 2015.
- Groeneveld, J.M. (2015), European Co-operative Banking: Actual and Factual Assessment, report prepared for the 6th Convention of the European Association of Co-operative Banks on 3 March 2015, TIAS School for Business and Society, Tilburg University.