Prof.dr. Gert van Dijk
Expert areas: Business & Society (Corporate Governance, Sustainable Development), Family Business (Social Entrepreneurship), Finance (Corporate Governance, Financial Institutions, Financial Services, Venture Capital), Quantitative Methods (Economics, Statistics), Strategy & Innovation (Entrepreneurship)
Professor Gert van Dijk studied Animal Husbandry and Genetics at Wageningen University and Economics at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, where he also received his PhD. He lectured in both universities. For the Organization for Applied Physical Research (TNO) he was director of research and subsequently became head of the Centre for Agricultural Policy at Wageningen University. In 1990 he was appointed as Professor of Theory and Practice of Cooperation at this University and became Director General of the National Council of Cooperatives in 1990.
In 2007 he became President of the European Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives in Brussels. In relation to this position he is involved in several national and international organizations. Besides he is a member of the supervisory board of various firms and nonprofit organizations. He was a member of the Board of Directors of Rabobank until 2003.
Prof.dr.ir. van Dijk is professor of Micro Finance in Developing Economies, with special reference to Micro Insurance at Nyenrode Business University. At TIAS he is appointed Professor of Social Venturing and Cooperative Entrepreneurship at GovernanceLAB
. He is visiting professor Cooperative Business Administration and Management at the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute in Chania, Greece.
- Dijk, G. van (2012, 29 mei). Microfinanciering in ontwikkelingslanden: Laat mensen bouwen aan hun eigen bestaan. Inaugurele rede, Nyenrode Business Universiteit.
- Dijk, G. van, & Klep, L. (2008). Democratie en de grote economie. Utrecht, NCR.
- Dijk, G. van, & Klep, L. (2005). Als 'de markt' faalt. Inleiding tot coöperatie. Nederland, Den Haag: Academic Service.
- Bekkum, O.F. van, & Dijk, G. van (1997). Agricultural co-operatives in the European Union: Trends and issues on the eve of the 21st century. Nederland, Assen: Van Gorcum.
- Egerstrom, L., Bos, P., & Dijk, G. van (1995). Seizing control: The international market power of co-operatives. Rochester, MN: Lone Oak Press.