Prof.dr. Erik Beulen
Expert areas: Accounting & Control (Auditing), Context (Technology), Information Technology (COBIT, Data Center Management, IT Compliance, IT Governance, IT Infrastructure, IT Innovation, IT Managing Implementation, IT Managing Operations, IT Trends, Technology and Law), Management & Organisation (Corporate Social Responsibility, Information Management, IT Management, Knowledge Management), Strategy & Innovation (Strategic Negotiation)
Prof. Erik Beulen is currently full professor at Tilburg University and Academic Director for the executive MSc Information Management at TIAS School for Business and Society and lectures Disruptive Technologies at Manchester Business School. Erik is also director at Alvarez & Marsal. Furthermore, he is board member of Platform Outsourcing Nederland (www.platformoutsourcing.nl). As an endowed professor, he held the KPMG Global Sourcing Chair at Tilburg University from 2008 to 2015. He obtained his Ph.D. from Tilburg University in 2000. His research concentrates on Information Management, disruptive technologies, outsourcing and governance. His papers have been published in journals such as Journal of Information Technology, the European Management Journal, Information Technology & People, Strategic Outsourcing, Journal for Information Technology for Development and Communications Association for Information Systems and the proceedings of the HICSS and ICIS. He is the author and co-author of various books on the subject of outsourcing and offshore outsourcing. Beulen also is the leading author of the book ‘Managing IT outsourcing’, published by Routledge, UK (2006 and second revised edition in 2011). His upcoming Routledge book will be on Managing Digital Outsourcing (2018).
- Beulen, E., Ribbers, P., & Roos, J. (2011). Managing IT outsourcing, governance in global partnerships (2nd ed.). London, England: Routledge.
- Beulen, E., Tiwari, V., & van Heck, E. (2011). Understanding Transition Performance During Offshore IT Outsourcing. Strategic Outsourcing, 4(3), 204-227.
- Beulen, E. (2010). Long-held perceptions of the consequences of IT offshoring will become a reality: Fewer IS jobs in developed countries. Journal of Information Technology, 25(4), 376-377.
- Beulen, E. (2009). The contribution of a global service provider’s human resources information system (HRIS) to staff retention in emerging markets – comparing issues and implications in six developing countries. IT & People, 22(30), 270-288.
- Beulen, E., van Fenema, P., & Currie, W. (2005). From Application Outsourcing to Infrastructure Management: Extending the Offshore Outsourcing Service Portfolio. European Management Journal, April (23-2), 133-144.