Prof.dr. Egon Berghout RE CISA
Expert areas: Accounting & Control (Accounting Information Systems, Auditing, Cost Accounting, Internal Control, Management ), Business & Society (Strategic Corporate Governance), Context (Economics, Technology), Finance (Asset Pricing, Corporate Governance, Financial Systems, Risk Management), Health & Education (Innovation, Strategy), Information Technology (COBIT, Information Security Management, IT Compliance, IT Governance, IT Innovation, IT Security, IT Trends), Management & Organisation (Decision Making, Information Management, IT Management)
Prof.dr. Egon Berghout is Professor of Business and ICT at the University of Groningen and independent advisor. He is also president of the Benelux Association for Information Systems and member of the Board of the European IT Evaluation and Management Conference. He is member of the Academic Council of the postgraduate Controllers Programme of the University of Groningen and postgraduate IT Auditing and Consultancy program of Erasmus University Rotterdam. He studied Information Management at Tilburg University, IT Auditing at Erasmus University and completed his PhD at Delft University of Technology.
- Berghout, E.W., Remenyi, D. (2012). Leading issues in ICT evaluation research, Academic Publishing (Reading).
- Berghout, E., Nijland, M., & Powell, P. (2011). Management of lifecycle costs and benefits: Lessons from information systems practice. Computers in Industry, 62(7), 755-764.
- Berghout, E. & Powell, P. (2009). IT/IS Benefits Management & Realisation, Strategic Information Systems Management: Priorities, procedures & policy. In K. Grand et al. (Eds.), Strategic Information Systems Management, (pp. 273-299). Florence, KY: Thompson-Cengage.
- Solingen, R. van, Berghout, E. (1999). The goal-question-metric method: a practical guide for quality improvement of software development, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, Berkshire (U.K.), ISBN 0-07-709553-7.
- Renkema, T.J.W., Berghout, E.W. (1997). Methodologies for information system investment evaluation at the proposal stage: a comparative view, Information and Software Technology, Elsevier Science Ltd, The Boulevard, Langford Lane, Kidlington, Oxford OX5 1DX, U.K., ISSN 0950-5849, Vol. 39, 1997, No. 1, p. 1-13.
- Berghout, E.W., Tan, C.W., Understanding the impact of business cases on IT investment decisions: An analysis of municipal e-government projects, Information & Management, 50 (2013) p489-506. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2013.07.010.
- Berghout, E., Nijland, M.,Powell, P., Management of lifecycle costs and benefits: Lessons from information systems practice, Computers in Industry, Vol 62, No 7, September 2011, p755-764. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2011.05.005.