Registration at TIAS Connect. This workshop is free of charge for alumni with a membership package 2019. Alumni without a membership package can participate for the price of € 395,00 (limited number of places available).
Whatever your experience of giving speeches or current level of expertise, this practical and interactive workshop offers you the opportunity to take your skills and confidence to the next level.
We will do this in the following ways:
• by watching examples of inspiring speeches
• by exploring techniques of keeping an audience engaged
• by examining the structure of different speeches
• by giving each participant the opportunity to prepare and deliver a short speech followed by individual feedback highlighting strengths and weaknesses with strategies for further development
• by video-recording all speeches, together with feedback
Please come to the workshop with a topic /message/ idea around which you would like to construct a speech. The more authentic it is, the more you will benefit from the session.
Philippa Chapman will be leading this session. Having focussed on language and communication for all of her professional life, Philippa will use her expertise and intuitive teaching to ensure that each student will take away their own personal developmental step.
09:00-09:30: Welcome with coffee/tea
09:30-16:30: workshop (including lunch)
16:30-17:30: Networking and drinks
In connection with the overwhelming interest, the workshop will also be given on 12 November in Tilburg. In consultation with the participants, they are classified on the date of their preference.