VACANCY: (SENIOR) POLICY ADVISOR - Quality Improvement and Rankings (0.8 fte)
May 31, 2023
(Senior) Policy Advisor - Quality Improvement and Rankings (0.8 FTE)
For the Academic Services and Internationalization Department, we are looking for a Policy Advisor - Quality Improvement and Rankings. In this dynamic position, you will work with professional and academic colleagues to further improve the quality of educational processes, you will be advising management and developing policies and procedures to ensure that TIAS continues to grow and remains a leader in educational innovation.
You will report directly to the head of the department.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures related to compliance with national and international quality assurance standards, including developing and writing documents such as faculty handbook, quality assurance manual, annual reports and OER;
- Coordinate, manage and support quality improvement activities (such as NSE, AACSB and AMBA), including data collection, information gathering and preparation of actual on-site/virtual visitations;
- Support accreditations at the departmental/program level;
- Networking with and liaising with various (inter)national education and quality organizations to keep abreast of national and international legislative changes and translate this to the internal organization;
- Collect and analyze relevant data to support strategic management issues (rankings and accreditation requirements);
- Develop, implement and after implementation monitor a high quality and sustainable assessment procedure and assurance of the learning system;
- Develop, implement and coordinate a quality cycle for accredited and non-accredited programs;
- Develop, implement and manage the ranking strategy and methods for TIAS;
- Through up-to-date knowledge of the Higher Education Act and accreditation criteria, serve as a resource for the internal organization in answering education and quality issues where regulations and legislation are important.
Who are we looking for?
Preferably we are looking for a candidate with a Master's degree in education, business administration or a related field with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international organization. You are an experienced professional in quality improvement with knowledge of accreditations and rankings for Business Schools and have a good network within higher education. You have excellent project management and written and verbal communication skills in both the English and Dutch language and have experience in drafting clear and workable policies and procedures.
- A challenging position within an ambitious and dynamic business school;
- Room for own initiative and appreciation for your entrepreneurial attitude;
- A competitive salary with good fringe benefits including a fixed year-end bonus of 9.3%;
- A home office allowance, fixed internet allowance and travel allowance (km allowance or NS Business Card 2nd class);
- 27 vacation days and at least 6 extra collective days off per year;
- Pension fund affiliation (with 70% employer contribution);
- Insurance benefits CZ and Centraal Beheer Achmea;
- Location in Utrecht and/or Tilburg (possibility to work partly from home and set up a home office).
- Working in a flat organization and inspiring work environment;
- Enthusiastic activities committee and fun staff outings.
TIAS is a business school with a rich offer of degree programs, non-degree programs and learning programs for executive education. We also provide career and consulting services, conduct applied scientific research and make our knowledge and insights available through various channels and platforms.
With this portfolio, we can respond flexibly to needs in virtually every phase of the development of individuals, teams and organizations (lifelong development).
For more information about the position, please contact Lucienne Mochel, Director of the Faculty and Education Office, via email at L.Mochel@tias.edu. Your cover letter with resume can be sent to Marloes Leeijen, at email@example.com.