Vacancy: Impact and quality improvement officer (0,5 FTE / 20 hours)
January 21, 2022
If you are looking for an exciting and expiring work environment where the latest and greatest insights in business, education, society, and science come together, TIAS School for Business and Society might be THE place for you.
Our Faculty and Education department is looking to welcome a team oriented and self-motivated colleague to fill the newly created position of impact and quality improvement officer. In this dynamic position your focus is on the two main domains of our organization, education and research. On the one hand you work proactively and in partnership with professional and academic colleagues to facilitate and support the development of intellectual contributions and impact activities and manage a portfolio of impact case studies. On the other hand, you are the organization’s eyes and ears as it comes to national and international developments in Higher Education, you advise management on the strategic and organizational implications and develop corresponding policies and procedures to ensure that TIAS continues to be a high-quality performer and a frontrunner in educational innovation.
You report directly to the Head of the Education and Faculty Department and your key duties and responsibilities are:
- Develop, implement, and manage the organization’s (applied) research strategy and the impact of its intellectual contributions
- Organize and deliver (in collaboration with the two main shareholders and others) research events e.g. grant writing workshops, writing retreat, Faculty Research Conferences, policy information events
- Maintain appropriate networks (EU and other) to promote activity of TIAS colleagues on potential research projects within and outside the Netherlands
- Actively participate in national and international HE networks and stay up to date on innovations in Higher Education and research developments. and actively participate in the new developments
- Participate in relevant national and international research reviews, quality assurance, benchmarking, ranking and external accreditation reviews
- Coordinate, manage and support the process of national and international quality improvement activities and reviews (such as NSE, AACSB and AMBA), including the collection of data and gathering information.
- Develop, write, and institutionalize policies and procedures to comply with national and international rules and regulations
- Work collaboratively with the entire organization to further improve the quality of the educational and quality assurance processes.
- You are familiar with knowledge research management in Higher Education and have a strong understanding of research impact in its widest context
- You are an experienced quality improvement professional with knowledge of national and international accreditation and ranking schemes (preferably in management education)
- You are well networked within the national and international higher education arena when it comes to academic institutions, quality assurance, political and policy organizations and research associations.
- You have knowledge of the national and European higher education laws
- You can develop and maintain excellent working relationships with academic and professional colleagues, and external stakeholders, with credibility to engage and influence.
- You have excellent project management and written and verbal communication skill
Minimum requirements for this position:
- A master’s degree (Phd preferred) in research, education, business or related field with 7 or more years of relevant work experience in an international organization\
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with academic and professional colleagues, and external stakeholders, with credibility to engage and influence.
- Knowledge of and experience with research methodology and database management software
- Excellent project management and written and verbal communication skill
- Fluency in both the Dutch and English language (if you do not master the Dutch language, you are willing to learn the language in the first year of employment at TIAS)
Additional information about the organization
TIAS School for business and society is Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology's business school for executive education. TIAS offers a wide range of degree and non-degree programs, learning paths, and program formats for both individual participants and organizations. We cover themes such as Accounting, Finance & Control, Business Management, Governance & Education, Innovation, Transformation & Strategy, Leadership & General Management and Healthcare & Wellbeing.
We work with an international pool of passionate, experienced, and renowned professors, learning & development professionals, and lecturers. Our teaching staff have a strong connection to business, society, and science, and keep abreast of the latest educational insights.
Additional information and contact details
For more information about the position please contact Lucienne Mochel, Director of the Faculty and Education Office, via email at L.Mochel@tias.edu. Your motivation letter with resume can be forwarded to Mechteld de Wit (HR Adviser), via firstname.lastname@example.org.