Prof.dr. Marco Da Rin
Expert areas: Finance (Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurial Finance, Venture Capital)
Dr. Marco Da Rin is an Associate Professor of Finance at Tilburg University. He holds a BA and a MSc in economics from Bocconi University, and a Ph.D. in Economics at Stanford University. He held positions at the London School of Economics, at IGIER (Bocconi University), and at the Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona. He has designed and taught numerous courses at the undergraduate, Master, doctoral, MBA, and executive level in various areas of Economics and Finance in several countries. His research focuses on entrepreneurial finance, entrepreneurship, venture capital and private equity, and on public policy for entrepreneurship. His academic articles have been published in leading scholarly journals including the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies, the Journal of Financial Intermediation, the Journal of the European Economic Association, and the Journal of Public Economics. Some of his articles have won scholarly prizes. His research has been covered by the business press, including The Economist, Forbes.com, venture capital and private equity online magazines, and national business papers. He has been an invited keynote speaker at industry and academic conferences. He has also been a consultant to several international organizations, including the European Commission, the OECD, and the United Nations, as well as regional governments and private companies.
- Da Rin, M., Di Giacomo, M., & Sembenelli, A. (2010). Corporate Taxation and the Size of New Firms: Evidence from Europe. Journal of the European Economic Associations (Papers and Proceedings), 8(2-3), 606-616.
- Bottazzi, L., Da Rin, M., & Hellmann, T. (2009). What is the Role of Legal Systems in Financial Intermediation? Theory and Evidence. Journal of Financial Intermediation, 18(3), 559-598.
- Bottazzi, L., Da Rin, M., & Hellmann, T. (2008). Who are the Active Investors? Evidence from Venture Capital. Journal of Financial Economics, 89(3), 488-512.
- Da Rin, M., Nicodano, G., & Sembenelli, A. (2006). Public Policy and the Creation of Active Venture Capital Markets. Journal of Public Economics, 80(8-9), 1699-723.
- Da Rin, M., & Hellmann, T. (2002). Banks as Catalysts for Industrialization. Journal of Financial Intermediation, 11(4), 366-97 (lead article). Winner of the 2002 Journal of Financial Intermediation Best Paper Prize.