Dr. Maarten Jennen
Expert areas: Business & Society (Sustainable Development), Finance (Investment Management, Investments, Risk Management), Real Estate (Investments, Performance Management, Valuation)
Following a business economics master and a teaching function at Maastricht University dr. Maarten Jennen started working on his PhD at the Rotterdam School of Management. During his PhD he studied for 6 months at the National University of Singapore. In 2008 Maarten finalized his dissertation on “office market dynamics” and started working for the European research team of the large real estate investment manager ING Real Estate. Currently Maarten is Senior Director Private Real Estate at PGGM Investments combined with a position as associate professor of real estate investments at TIAS. Maarten continues to work on interesting and practical research questions and he is part of the teaching staff in the Advanced Real Estate Program of TIAS.
- “Modeling Space Market Dynamics: An Illustration Using Panel Data for US Retail” (with P. H. Hendershott and B. D. MacGregor) The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics (2013, issue 47.4, pp 659-687).
- “The Impact of Energy Labels and Accessibility on Office Rents” (with N. Kok) Energy Policy (2012, issue 46, pp. 489-497).
- “Agglomeration Effects and Firm Performance” (with P. Verwijmeren) Urban Studies (2010, issue 47, pp. 2683-2703).
- “Local Rent Dynamics: A Tale of Ten Cities” (with D. Brounen) Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics (2009, issue 29, pp. 385-402)
- “Office Construction in Singapore and Hong Kong: Testing Real Option Implications” (with Y. Fu) Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics (2009, issue 38, pp. 39-58).