Prof.dr. Joris Knoben
Expertisegebieden: Accounting & Control (Management ), Business & Society (Globalisation), Context (Economics), Family Business (Strategy and Innovation), Health & Education (Innovation, Strategy), Management & Organisation (Business Administration, International Management), Marketing (Innovation , Management), Quantitative Methods (Business Research Methods, Econometrics, Economics, Statistics), Strategy & Innovation (Business Level Strategy, Business Strategy, Strategic Innovation)
Joris Knoben (1981) is the Professor of Business Economics at the department of Economics at Radboud University Nijmegen. He is also the academic director of the fully English taught Bachelor program International Economics and Business at that university. He is involved in in a broad range of teaching activities ranging from small to large groups, from BSc to MPhil courses, and from university students to experienced professionals. The courses he teaches all fall in one (or more) of the following categories: 1) inter-organizational collaboration and networks, 2) industrial clusters, 3) innovation and growth 4) quantitative research methods. His research activities focus on the influence of a firm's external environment on its behavior and performance. He does so primarily by focusing on business relations and networks as the interface between the firm and its external environment.
- Bakker, R. & J. Knoben (2015) Built to last or meant to end: Intertemporal choice in strategic alliance portfolios. Organization Science 26(1) p 256-276.
- Simons, T., P. Vermeulen, & J. Knoben (forthcoming). There is no beer without a smoke: A community level theory of organizational resistance to anti smoking regulations in the Dutch hospitality industry. Academy of Management Journal.
- Knoben, J. (2011),The Geographical Distance of Relocation Search: An Extended Resource Based Perspective. Economic Geography 87(4) p 371-392.
- Lucas, G.J., J. Knoben, & M.T.H. Meeus. (forthcoming) Contradictory yet Coherent? Inconsistency in Performance Feedback and R&D Investment Change. Journal of Management.
- Knoben, J. & L.A.G. Oerlemans (2006), Proximity and inter-organizational collaboration: A literature review. International Journal of Management Reviews 8(2) p 71-89.