Mw.prof.dr. Nicolette van Gestel
Expert areas: Business & Society (Civil Society), Context (Politics, Sociology), Family Business (Social Entrepreneurship), Health & Education (Health Care Management, Innovation, Strategy), Management & Organisation (Change Management, Decision Making, Human Resource Management, Implementation of Change and Transition Processes, Leadership, Public Administration, Public Policy, Service Management), Strategy & Innovation (Process Innovation, Strategic Decision Making)
Prof.dr. Nicolette van Gestel studied Social Geography (Master cum laude, 1985) and received her Ph.D. in Policy Analysis and Public Administration (1994) from Radboud University. She worked at the department of Public Administration (until 1999) and Business Administration (until 2012) at Radboud University. Since 2012, she is a Full Professor of New Modes of Governance in Social Security and Employment Services at TIAS School for Business and Society.
Her research focuses on innovation in the (semi-)public sector, in particular on reform processes in social security, labour market and healthcare. She is teaching in the Executive Master of Public and Non-Profit Management (MPM); the MBA program and the Executive PhD program. She has a long standing experience with leading (inter)national research projects and teams, and supervises PhD students.
Nicolette van Gestel is Crown Member of the Socio-Economic Council (SER), and member of various Advisory and Supervisory Boards. She is a Chair of the Standing Working Group ‘Organizing the Public Sector: Governance and Public Management Reform’ of the European Group for Organizational Studies.
Internationally, she works with colleagues from l’Ecole Nationale d’Administration Publique, Montréal; Copenhagen Business School; Cardiff Business School, King’s College London and Saïd Business School (UK); among others.
- Van Gestel, N. & Hillebrand, B. (2011) Explaining stability and change: the rise and fall of logics in pluralistic fields. Organization studies, 32(2): 231-252.
- Van Gestel, N., De Beer, P.T. & Van der Meer, M. (2009) Het hervormingsmoeras van de verzorgingsstaat. Veranderingen in de organisatie van de sociale zekerheid. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 210 pp.
- Van Gestel, N. (2012) After privatization. The public management of private employment services. In: C. Teelken, E. Ferlie and M. Dent (Eds.) Leadership in the Public Sector – Promises and pitfalls. London/New York: Routledge, p. 91-104.
- Van Gestel, N. , Vossen, E., Oomens, P. & Hollanders, D. (2013) Toekomst van de Sociale Zekerheid: over provisie, preventie en participatie. Den Haag: BoomLemma, 238 pp.
- Van Gestel, N., Denis, J.-L. & Ferlie, E. (Eds.) (2015) Understanding Public Hybrids, Public Administration, Special Edition, 93(2): 273–556.