During this leadership training course, you will discover the leadership style that best suits you and learn how to effectively apply this to guiding people and processes, effectively implementing changes and raising the (group) motivation of your employees. You learn to lead based on the right standards and values, and how to cope with manipulation and power. In three days, you will master the art of becoming a capable leader.
Both you and your staff place high demands on your leadership. Every day, you are charged with the task of striking a balance between varied and complex dilemmas. During the three-day Masterclass Leadership, you will analyze what type of leader you are, what type of leader you want to be, and how to best make the transition to this different leadership style.
After completing the leadership training:
- you will have gained new perspectives and insights on leadership
- your reflection will lead to better insight into your personal leadership style
- you can put the valuable tips and tricks you learn into practice for more effective leadership
- you will be able to reflect on your role as a leader in your team/organization.
During the three-day Masterclass Leadership, you will define your personal leadership profile. We then provide you with the tools you need to further develop your leadership skills. In addition to the interactive classroom sessions, workshops and assignments, the participants’ cases from daily practice serve as an essential component in the leadership training.
During the masterclass, we will cover several current common leadership themes. The following will be addressed:
- Managing alone or self-determination: do you always have to take the lead or can you leave the initiative to your employees more often?
- Trust or control: you are and will remain the person with final responsibility, even when you turn responsibility over to others. What’s the best way to handle this?
- Power or inspiration: how can you motivate yourself and your employees? How can you find the balance between power and inspiration in your leadership?
Jan de Vuijst
Board room consultant, registered executive coach and professor of Information Science at Tilburg University. He graduated (MA) cum laude and finished his PhD at Groningen University, and specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Psychology and Knowledge Systems at Edinburgh University. He is board room consultant in a variety of organizations, from small gamily businesses to multinationals. As a professor he teaches in and is academic director for various TIAS programs, but also in leadership development and organizational development programs in both commercial, not for profit and governmental organizations.
Rens van Loon
Professor of Dialogical Leadership at Tilburg University, School of Humanities; Director Human Capital, Culture Leadership and Learning at Deloitte Consulting in the Netherlands and Board Member of the International Leadership Association(ILA). He is specialized in Dialogical Leadership, Valuation Theory, Self-Confrontation Method and Motivational Assessment, Competence Management, Leadership Development within the context of organizational and cultural development.
After completing the masterclass, you will receive a Leadership Certificate from TIAS School for Business and Society.