Some people love it and some people dread it … but the truth is that we negotiate constantly both inside and outside the business arena. And the sooner you learn how to negotiate with confidence, the sooner the business doors will open and the easier business relationships become. Negotiating is a skill you need to use as a matter or course – not as a tool pulled out in a crisis.
So if we recognise its importance, why do we sometimes find it such a monumental challenge? What gets in the way of being a consistently confident negotiator?
During this practical and interactive workshop we will be:
• Looking at the dos and don’ts of negotiating
• Exploring the key elements of creating rapport
• Applying Cialdini’s levers of influence to individual situations
• Working through the 5 step negotiation model and the tactic checklist. And then applying them to a negotiation scenario.
By the end of the session you will:
• Be aware of your strengths/weaknesses in the negotiating field
• Recognise what you need to develop and practise before ‘going live’
• Have a list of ‘personal top tips’ to help you negotiate with confidence
Philippa Chapman will be leading this session. Having focussed on language and communication for all of her professional life, Philippa will use her expertise and intuitive teaching to ensure that each student will take away their own personal developmental step.
08:30-09:00: Welcome with coffee/tea
09:00-16:30: workshop (including lunch)
16:30-17:30 : Networking and drinks
This workshop is free of charge for alumni with a membership package 2018. Alumni without a membership package can also participate for the price of € 225,00 (limited number of places available)